What Information do we Hold About you and How it is Collected?
We are committed to respecting your privacy. We aim to minimise the use of your personal information. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of our properties you express an interest in through our Website and of the fulfilment of any purchases;
- information that you provide via our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use and buying properties displayed our Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys / feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Don’t Panic Partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled “Cookies and other such devices” below).
Use of Information
We will use the information about you for the following purposes:
- to process and deal with your request or enquiry and any complaints made by or against you;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to process the sale of property to you as requested and to manage the buildings and estate;
- to deal with and progress your registration of interest form;
- for internal record keeping;
- to monitor, support, improve and develop our products and services and to monitor, develop and improve the Website and your experience;
- to contact you directly or by one of our appointed agents by e-mail, phone or mail;
- to notify you of products, information or services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; and / or
We may (depending upon what you have requested us to do) share your personal information on a need to know basis with the following parties to progress your request:
- our enquiry line;
- our customer service team;
- our marketing or sales agents;
- our property management contractors or agents;
- your advisors or authorised legal or mortgage representatives; and / or
In other certain limited circumstances FEC may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if FEC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party or enters into a joint venture, in which case personal data held by FEC about its customers or prospective customers will be one of the transferred or disclosed assets;
- if FEC are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; for tax or other purposes; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FEC, our customers, or others; or to investigate or prevent a crime;
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and / or
- to obtain any professional advice.
We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our Website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completed dealing with your request, enquiry or transaction and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. We do not share personal information with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business or your request or as required by law or other legal processes or as set out in the section entitled “Use of Information” above – we never sell personal information. By submitting data electronically you are providing consent to the transmission of data collected via our Website, as stated above.
How do we handle your personal information?
For your protection we will:
- not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- use reasonable endeavors to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date;
- not keep your information for longer that is necessary or as required by law;
- process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
What are your rights?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights in relation to the information we hold about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and obtain a copy of those details which you would like to have.
You may request information by writing to the address below. Details will be provided to you within 40 days of us receiving your request, a £10 admin fee applies.
Amending your Information
Please write to us or e-mail us using the address below if you would like us to modify any of the information that we hold about you to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date or if you would like us to remove your information from our records. Please note that our ability to amend or delete your details may be subject to legal limitations e.g. we may not be able to delete your files until we have completed a transaction with you and may only be able to delete limited details since we may need to have an ongoing relationship with you in relation to service charges or maintenance. You must make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Links to other websites
FEC recognises its responsibility for protecting the online privacy of your personal information. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal information, or would like to opt out of receiving any marketing material from us, please contact us at contact@NG-consultation.co.uk.
FEC has tried to create a secure and reliable Website for you. FEC has put in place appropriate organisational and technical safeguards and security measures given the nature of the information processed by us.
You should note however that email enquiries are transmitted by insecure means and stored off-line. You recognise that the use of the Internet and the Website is entirely at your own risk. FEC accepts no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
Cookies and other such devices
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by placing cookies (i.e. small text files placed on the hard drive of your computer containing data about your general Internet usage) to help us to improve the Website, personalise and enhance your online experience and to deliver the content most suited to your needs. This information is collected by the users’ browser (Service Provider, IP address, browser type, operating system, websites previously visited, time of the server enquiry).
They are not used to track the navigational habits of identified visitors, unless we obtain your permission to do so. If you visit our Website to read or download information, such as news stories or articles, much of the information we do collect is statistical only and not personally identifiable.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website:
Some of the cookies that we use are essential for parts of the Website to operate and are already set. These are strictly necessary for and without them the Website cannot operate as intended.
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use):
- [allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and so avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content [or advertisements] to match your preferred interests [or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly];
- speed up searches; and/or
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
Other cookies outside of our control:
We may use external services such as [Weibo, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ or YouTube ], to display certain content on our Website. We cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website, for example, number of plays of a video.
[Like many other organisations, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of our site and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- tracking the number of visitors to our Website;
- monitoring the number of users on our Website at any given time;
- analysing popular content on our Website.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
See this link for how to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html .]
[Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
This Website may use the Adobe Flash Player to deliver its video content using services or software.
Software and services we use include:
To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects – or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known – are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user’s terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies:
The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like bbc.co.uk or for all websites – see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications such as this website iPlayer.
Please note that if you disable your Flash cookies for this website you may be unable to watch video content.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
Security / How do we Protect your Information?
Whilst we endeavour to take all commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
FEC Northern Gateway Development Limited
12 Stanhope Gate
Email – contact@NG-consultation.co.uk
Telephone – 02033 706804